San Francisco, CA | 415-722-1116 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Technologies & Tools
Linux, Apache, MySQL, AWS, Rackspace Cloud, Varnish, Drupal, OO PHP, Perl, Python, Django, MongoDB, Node.js, CoffeeScript, LESS, Jade, (X)HTML/CSS/JS, AJAX, MVC JMeter, New Relic, Google Custom Search Engine, and Google Analytics.
DocuSign, San Francisco, CA
Senior Web Architect October 2011 – Present
- Implemented the initial processes for development and release management for DocuSign web properties.
- Manage LAMP development for docusign.com and ecommerce system. Conducted code reviews, created processes, and collaborated with product owners.
- Managed cloud servers and owned devops.
- Worked cross-functionally on the ecommerce functionality on the product team (in Node.js).
- Hired and trained a complete team of developers.
- Architected solutions for many business objectives, including: content switching based on IP, growing trials, implementing Eloqua for lead scoring, and lowering page load time as unique visitors grew.
- Launched international sites, especially product form functionality for Brazil.
NextAdvisor, San Francisco, CA
Lead Developer Mar 2010 – October 2011
- Automated daily revenue and cost reports, increasing finance team productivity by 2-3 hours daily.
- Enhanced staff productivity by technically mentoring staff; directly improved the CMS in order to streamline content writers’ publishing work.
- Initiated change in web hosting providers, saving a significant amount of expense and improving load times.
- Improved overall technical communication between developers, executives, and external partners.
Sabbatical 2009 – 2010
Voluntary travel sabbatical.
DriverSide, San Francisco, CA
Senior Web Developer 2007 – 2008
Supported brand new start-up company and managed web projects, such as defining requirements, setting project scope, and analyzing time schedules; partnered with executives to continually improve efficiency of site operations.
- Served as the first developer hired to initiate and write primary web features, including registration, home page, navigation, and database schemas.
- Re-evaluated the latency of website and fine-tuned front-end and back-end code for size and speed.
- Ensured all architectural decisions were implemented and communicated effectively to all staff members.
Little Truck Web Services, San Francisco, CA
Lead Developer 2006 – 2008
Built and operated start-up company to provide website development. General functions include, but were not limited to: web development, hosting/domain setup, auditing, maintenance, graphics and animations, marketing, and search engine optimization (SEO).
- Collaborated with corporate clients, such as Wells Fargo, Sendmail, LiveBooks, Riverbed, and Narus.
- Offered in-house training and consulted clients through personalized product learning sessions.
Google, Mountain View, CA
Web Developer 2005 – 2006
Corporate intranet site maintenance; web UI development; internal search on Google Search Appliance; internal person search application.
- Rewrote large portions of internal person-search application in order to advance functionality and organization
- Revised and built new internal micro-sites.
- Reorganized and streamlined the Engineering homepage and Wiki homepage; conducted user tests during redesign to analyze web issues and recommend proper solutions.
Zone Labs, San Francisco, CA
Senior Web Developer 2001 – 2005
Developed new web content on corporate site and microsites; mentored 2 developers; execution of automation scripts.
- Published new data to website on UNIX servers running Weblogic and Apache.
- Created all new customer-facing scripts and managed web content on Zonelabs.com; example projects included:
- Designed a useful “open/closed” script in JSP to show availability of help line.
- Revised and edited all of site’s user forms, converting content from Perl to JSP.
- Produced a Risk Assessment Tool allowing customers to evaluate the cost of safety threats.
- Built other successful internal application tools.
Switchboard Supervisor 2011-Present
Board Member 2009 – 2011
Women’s Community Clinic, 501(c)(3)
Cogswell College, Sunnyvale, CA
Adjunct Teacher, Web Design & Interactivity Spring 2007
Bachelor of Arts – Flagler College
Continuing education courses – University of California – Java, Advanced Perl, and Statistics